PDA

View Full Version : WPEX Feedback

rob
03-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi all,

WPEX hired a new poker manager (their first full time poker manager believe it or not) and he is interested in our feedback on their program. Let me know your thoughts and I'll pass them along,

Rob

IDontTilt
03-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

WPEX hired a new poker manager (their first full time poker manager believe it or not) and he is interested in our feedback on their program. Let me know your thoughts and I'll pass them along,

Rob

Overall this is (for me) the best pokersoftware I've played on.
Games are very fast, simple and the tables resize pretty in Hold 'em.
The "block players chat" actually works :cool: Thats great stuff too.
Their support staff is very friendly and helpful.
The cashouts (at least via NETeller) takes mostly one hour to be processed AND in your NETeller account. Only one time it took longer. A whole 9 hours before it hit my account heh.

Two things we could need in omaha/o8 games is:
1) Hand history
2) Resizable tables

Sometimes (if you had more than a buyin before the hand started) you realize you go bust during a hand cause your all in KK vs AA whatever, it wont let you rebuy until after the hand is done (cause you had max allowed money on the table before the hand started), and then you have to sit out and do it...THEN pay a fee along with a BB cause you sat out 5 seconds. Now that's a little annoying.

Another thing is. Right now you are only allowed to play at 4 tables max. They might want to change that rule.

A luxury problem would be the wish that we could show cards that are mucked (like at TS fx, where you just had to click the cards before you mucked) That could be cool.

This is what I can come up with right now. If I can think of more I'll of course post it. But as I said, overall their software is really great.

dsepe
03-28-2008, 02:38 PM
#1 importance to me: re-sizable tables

Cornholio
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
1) Having to wait over a month for a withdrawal check to be mailed is ridiculous. Surely they could speed this up.

2) Getting booted from a table after sitting out 3 blinds works okay for a full table, but is absurd for a nearly empty table (you can get booted in less than 2 minutes!). This makes it VERY hard to start full ring tables as the vast majority of players will not even sit until a certain number of folks are already seated. Maybe a time limit would be a better choice (but really why boot people at all when there's lots of empty seats?)

3) Reported bugs seem to take forever to get fixed (if ever).

iried57
03-28-2008, 05:06 PM
I really dont understand why more props dont play here.
Unless you're grandfathered at Bugsys, this has to be the best deal available. Especially considering there are no prop related restrictions.
Not to mention the great perks (VIP tourneys, Aces Never Lose promo).

I would like to see the VIP's payout in multiples of 10 instead of 9,
since they are 10 seat tables. For example, they pay top 18, however final 2 tables would be top 20. And the payout doesnt increase until top 9, final table is top 10.
Also, a small time bank would be nice for those tough decisions, even just 20 seconds would help.

Overall, I think its a great site! It just needs more players on a regular basis. Evenings EST seem to always have good traffic, however during the day its inconsistent.

Keep up the good work!

Damian

g3m
03-28-2008, 08:33 PM
it took them 8 months to send me a check once

the recent check they sent me bounced

i had 1 in 1 million bad beats there better check that rng

there is no excuse for offering 80% rakeback on a good client and having less players than pokerworld

iried57
03-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Since they just added razz, some HORSE tourneys would be cool.

Erwinius
03-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Probably the second worst software. (only Bugsy beats it).

You can't play simultanusly another site with a not top PC.
Very resource intensive.
Their ridiculous promo with the $100/rake VIP status, makes it a heaven for rocks that just try getting the rake requirements and enter the three 5k added tournies.

Get ride of this promo.

But my greatest complain is that they don't have a secure web login for changing address etc. and when you call the required number, they want your password, which I refuse giving anyone over the phone.
I called then later the supervisior and she asked me questions that only the accountholder could know and she changed my addresse, but still this is like stoneage in the old bookie days.

IDontTilt
03-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I must have a top pc then, cause I got no problems playing other sites along with WPEX.
Get rid of the promo? No way..thats what makes the site even better.

I agree with Corn that we can not sit out for very long. Even at a full 6 seater, its hard to go make a cup of coffee without getting kicked. And if you have to pee too...oh dear!

Erwinius
03-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Get rid of the promo? No way..thats what makes the site even better.

Ok, use the weekly 15k for something that draws new customers instead of having the same 110 - 150 people competing in these VIP events.

The site is drying out, so do something useful with the money, example give new sign ups a deposit bonus that they work of with their Player points.

And remodel the sit and go sign up page.

Cornholio
03-29-2008, 12:33 AM
You can't play simultanusly another site with a not top PC.
Very resource intensive.
Oh yes.. silly of me to have forgotten this. Their software does use quite a lot of CPU. Particularly when dealing. If I play 2 tables, my computer slows to a crawl and I risk my computer overheating and shutting off. Note this is with animations turned off!! They could certainly stand to make some adjustments to use less CPU.

IDontTilt
03-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Thats shitty. I can play the 4 tables with no problem. And sometimes I hit tourneys and stuff at other sites...or reg. tables. No problem either.

Can it be java that has to be upgraded? Guess not...but just an idea.

Muskelbiber
03-29-2008, 11:50 AM
#1 importance to me: running Full Ring Tables Nl100+

WSEX would be my first choice if they had some of these. :(

IDontTilt
03-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. But NL100 tables always run. Of course not early our time, but later on there is lots of action compared to TS. Also lots of NL200 tables.
1/2 2/4 3/6 and 5/10 limit tables runs every day too.

Cornholio
03-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I think he means the 10 seat ones. Yes, the 6-seaters run regularly... Fixing getting booted for sitting out so quickly would likely resolve the no 10 seaters running for many games/limits.

Cornholio
03-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Thats shitty. I can play the 4 tables with no problem. And sometimes I hit tourneys and stuff at other sites...or reg. tables. No problem either.

Can it be java that has to be upgraded? Guess not...but just an idea.
Hmmm... It is possible something does need to be upgraded. Perhaps Rob can find out what external libraries the software uses? Then again, you may just have a powerful PC that handles the inefficient software well...

rob
03-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Hmmm... It is possible something does need to be upgraded. Perhaps Rob can find out what external libraries the software uses? Then again, you may just have a powerful PC that handles the inefficient software well...

Sure, I'll find out what I can.

Rob

IDontTilt
03-30-2008, 07:15 AM
I think he means the 10 seat ones. Yes, the 6-seaters run regularly... Fixing getting booted for sitting out so quickly would likely resolve the no 10 seaters running for many games/limits.

Yeah okay. I personally hate 10 seat tables (esp when the rake is shared). And I always leave if they fill up.
Its shitty in omaha/o8 that there only is 10 seat tables available btw.

rob
03-31-2008, 02:44 PM

Corn, can you contact their support about this and let me know what they say? I'd like to pass your experience working with their support on to their poker manager. He didn't have any real feedback regarding the speed and wasn't aware of a widespread problem (which it seems like exists to a certain degree)

Rob

Cornholio
03-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Corn, can you contact their support about this and let me know what they say? I'd like to pass your experience working with their support on to their poker manager. He didn't have any real feedback regarding the speed and wasn't aware of a widespread problem (which it seems like exists to a certain degree)

Rob
I can do this if you like, but from past experience already know what they will say... They're going to tell me my computer is too slow, doesn't have enough memory, etc. I know this because they do the exact same thing every time I report a bug (blame it on my computer or my connection). Support is kind of a pain to deal with because of this.

Were they not willing to say which external software libraries the client software uses?

Cornholio
04-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Well I've had a little back and forth with them on this issue... They say there are no external libraries libraries I can update, so scratch that idea. They suggested I set my Animation Speed slider to slow, which I did. That didn't do squat... I let them know, but they haven't replied. Probably tomorrow. I'll post again when I hear back.

rob
04-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated...

Are others having speed problems at WPEX as well?

iried57
04-02-2008, 11:38 AM
I havent had any of these problems, even when ive 4 tabled.

Ive got a Dell about 6 or 7 years old at least.
Pentium4 2ghz
60g

Cornholio
04-02-2008, 05:19 PM
I havent had any of these problems, even when ive 4 tabled.

Ive got a Dell about 6 or 7 years old at least.
Pentium4 2ghz
60g
Argh!!! WTF? My system is faster than this, with more memory. Makes no sense!! It is a laptop, but still.. 2.66 GHz P4, 704 MB, winXP-sp2.

Still haven't heard back from them..

iried57
04-02-2008, 06:05 PM
OK correction

My Dell is 5 years old (04/02/03!!!)
2.53 Ghz
256MB
60GB
64MB GeForce4 MX Graphics Card!!! lol
Windows XP sp2

Cornholio
04-03-2008, 03:05 AM
I would also like to see something added to WPEX.. The ability to 'live straddle'. Some 'kill games' might also be cool. I also would like to see some HORSE tournaments (now that they've added Razz).

IDontTilt
04-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Argh!!! WTF? My system is faster than this, with more memory. Makes no sense!! It is a laptop, but still.. 2.66 GHz P4, 704 MB, winXP-sp2.

Still haven't heard back from them..

My laptop is just about the same as yours.

Pokamon4e
04-05-2008, 08:01 AM
I have speed problems on my desktop, if I multitable. 2 tables are fine, if I add a third things start getting laggy. But I could probably use a new computer anyway. It's some AMD processor I bought cheaply two years ago, 1GB RAM. But still: The system is doing fine with most other sites.

rob
04-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Seems pretty clear that they have issues with their software. I'll let Peter (their new poker manager) know.

Rob

killab2482
04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Just wondering if there is a way for me to get $$$ on this site...Seems really difficult, but since other sites are getting pretty dry action i would like to see what this site offers. Also, what type of NL action is on this site at 2/4, 3/6, and 5/10 and what times is best to play?...thanks

rob
04-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Just wondering if there is a way for me to get $$$ on this site...Seems really difficult, but since other sites are getting pretty dry action i would like to see what this site offers. Also, what type of NL action is on this site at 2/4, 3/6, and 5/10 and what times is best to play?...thanks

A decent option if you have cash and you're near a Walmart is their cash transfer (I forget what its called). I might be able to help you get funds on WPEX as well, shoot me a note if you want to arrange a swap.

iried57
04-10-2008, 12:56 PM
There's a glitch in the Razz game.

Occasionally when you have a shown pair, it gives you a double bet option.

rob
04-11-2008, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the report, I've passed it along.

donkeydavea
04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
So far, I love the site very smooth. I havent had any software issues while playing multiple sites. Just wondering though, how long does Rake payment take? Monday morning the rake counter is reset, but no payment made so far.

IDontTilt
04-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Around Noon WPEX time.

donkeydavea
04-14-2008, 08:55 AM
For everyone having CPU slowdown due to poker sites, especially people who play multiple tables and sites like I do, I recommend installling a graphics card. Well worth the $150-$200 investment.

rob
04-14-2008, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the report. They were unaware of this and now will be fixing it in the next release.

Rob

Cornholio
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
For everyone having CPU slowdown due to poker sites, especially people who play multiple tables and sites like I do, I recommend installling a graphics card. Well worth the $150-$200 investment.
Our CPU issue isn't with poker sites in general, just WPEX's software. Also, some of us play on laptops, so we have to make due with the graphics card it came with (not that that would necessarily help whatsover with the WPEX problem).

Cornholio
04-30-2008, 06:32 PM
It has come to my attention today that WPEX is ditching both the Aces Never Lose promo and the VIP tournaments (in favor of some new, but considerably less valuable FPP tournaments and a WSOP seat tiered tournament). I feel this is a HUGE mistake. In my opinion, this is the beginning of the end for this site. Those promos are one of the main reasons I and many others play there. We can get rakeback at many other sites (obviously).

The site was already having problems with low traffic.. this certainly is not going to help matters.

Barton
04-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Just shows how dumb the average player is. Even with no promo's at all 75% rakeback is huge, yetthey all go places where they get nothing.

IDontTilt
05-01-2008, 09:07 AM
It has come to my attention today that WPEX is ditching both the Aces Never Lose promo and the VIP tournaments (in favor of some new, but considerably less valuable FPP tournaments and a WSOP seat tiered tournament). I feel this is a HUGE mistake. In my opinion, this is the beginning of the end for this site. Those promos are one of the main reasons I and many others play there. We can get rakeback at many other sites (obviously).

The site was already having problems with low traffic.. this certainly is not going to help matters.

Crap! Now I really regret I didnt play those tourneys past couple of weeks!
Sad the AA promo ends too. Even though I only got to hit one of them :)
I'm not sure I'm going anywhere yet though.