PDA

View Full Version : Common Mistakes

jwoodster
06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
What are some of the most common mistakes that beginners make while playing hold'em?

Lee777
06-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Deposit money onto the site

Onaflag
06-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Calling raises oop and playing oop in general.

EricBlade
06-10-2008, 06:11 AM
Deposit money onto the site

Not playing with me
:D

riverrunner
06-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Being optimisitic

viffer
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Playing the cards and not the situation

sheepdog
06-10-2008, 09:18 PM
overconfidence.

Rykey101
06-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Being optimisitic

LOL

jwoodster
06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Three of the most common mistakes of novice players are:

1. overplaying(chasing) pocket pair hands
2. overplaying (chasing) A-K
3. not being able to read the board

riverrunner
06-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Three of the most common mistakes of novice players are:

1. overplaying(chasing) pocket pair hands
2. overplaying (chasing) A-K
3. not being able to read the board

Those optimistic bastards have a dose of reality coming to them.

jwoodster
06-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Another really bad error made by poor poker players is not being able to determine the type of table atmosphere that they are playing at. Trying to limp in with a hand that has close to zero EV at a table that is very aggressive pre flop will end up costing you money.

SplashMaster
06-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Another really bad error made by poor poker players is not being able to determine the type of table atmosphere that they are playing at. Trying to limp in with a hand that has close to zero EV at a table that is very aggressive pre flop will end up costing you money.

still cant get over that 55 hand huh?
you started 3 diif threads all relating to that 1 single hand. Like I said, you need to re-evaluate YOUR play, not constantly retort back at the way 1 hand of 1000's was played against you. I am adding you to my ignore list, so I dont have to deal with your sad attempts to knock me. I have been playing and winning consistently for a long time, prob alot longer than you. they also cant handle any bad beat at all, and moan constantly in chat about it.

I see you started a " common mistakes" thread and also found a way to slip in "overplaying/ chasing pocket pairs: " ROFL @ you It was 1 hand and I explained my thinking

you know another way to spot a beginner? its the ones who after capping 99 prflop in a full game out of the sb, then the flop comes K76 and they check fold. then at showdown they proceed to berate the players for the cards they played, and type all sorts of nonsense about their luck and how bad others play.

you know another sure fire way to spot a beginner/poor player? they bet hands on the river THAT WILL ONLY BE CALLED BY BETTER HANDS AND WORSE HANDS WILL ALWAYS FOLD.
I feel bad for you, welcome to my Ignore list, you sorry, sorry human being

SplashMaster
06-21-2008, 03:08 AM
I meant you started a " table atmosphere" thread also, wow, that 1 hand really is causing you some issues, huh?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO L

can you actually post the HH from the table you are lying about? you said the game was loose/agra. you lie. I dont limp UTG when I know it could be 3-4 bets back to me. funny, we were heads up that hand....strange.....the game was "so wild"..........odd............

little advice,nah nevermind.....I dont wanna tap the glass either.....

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Nope it is not, why are you so paranoid? Are you worried about something or scared about something. You obviously, think I am out to get you, which I am not. Do you feel guilty about something or are you just a child?
Why do you assume the word amazing has anything to do with you or anyone else. Maybe I type "amazing" instead of saying "fuck" because sometime I can't believe the cards that come on the board.

If you ask people who were in the other forum, before Rob bought Online Propping, I had asked him to sart a whole new section called Poker Strategy and these are type of things we talked about and they were all started by me. I started a lot of different exercises in that section. Some of us like to talk about this kind of stuff.

We had quite a few hand analysisas well pot and implied odds questions. We also talked about classifiying players and I even posted my classification of players that I use.

I was trying in the other forum just like I am here to do something constructive. As I said before it is quite obvious I had no intention of ever bringing your name into it, becasue if I did want to I would have right away (just like you did)

All the other hands that I have used for this purpose are real hands. Why do you think you are so special that I care about what you do or how you play LMAO , AMAZING, LOL

Chasing with pocket pairs for a 2 outer in Limit Hold'em is a common mistake made by players especially beginners. The same thing goes for A-K. The reason it is a mistake is becasue they fail to read the board properly and don't realize that a lot of the time even if they spike their card they will still lose.

You purposly lied about the table atmoshphere of that hand. It has to be that you lied, ( remember I have the hand histories to prove that there were 31 PFR out of 40 hands before the 55 vs AA hand ) becasue you come across ( by your postings ) that you are an experienced player. Yet when I call you on it and prove you were wrong you don't have the guts or the balls to respond. ( yet you said I wasn't being accurate about the table atmosphere) I wonder why you lied?

At least twice now in the chat you have tried to bait me into saying something that will get me fired and then post in here how I responded to you, however you conveniently forget to say that you started the yapping.

We were having a good discussion about that hand until you piped in. Now again you are doing it. Why? If you can't say something intelligent and contribute to these threads then don't say anything at all.

You must really think very highly of yourself if you think I care about you, or how you play a hand or your game for that matter or how you view your role as a prop. Get over yourself and grow up you child.

Also, when you post things in here, try and be truthful. I know it is hard. You remind me of my 13 year old daughter who when in trouble tries to lie herself out of it, or turn it around so it seems like myself or her mother is at fault.

Give it a rest, this is getting very tiring.

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 07:48 AM
I meant you started a " table atmosphere" thread also, wow, that 1 hand really is causing you some issues, huh?

can you actually post the HH from the table you are lying about? you said the game was loose/agra. you lie. I dont limp UTG when I know it could be 3-4 bets back to me. funny, we were heads up that hand....strange.....the game was "so wild"..........odd............

i sure can

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 07:52 AM

you said in an earlier post there was very little PFR going on. As I previously stated out 40 hands before that there was 31 PFR. Also, I corrected myself and said that is was a tight aggressive table.
I will post the HH's in another section.

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 08:02 AM
you know another way to spot a beginner? its the ones who after capping 99 prflop in a full game out of the sb, then the flop comes K76 and they check fold. then at showdown they proceed to berate the players for the cards they played, and type all sorts of nonsense about their luck and how bad others play.

you know another sure fire way to spot a beginner/poor player? they bet hands on the river THAT WILL ONLY BE CALLED BY BETTER HANDS AND WORSE HANDS WILL ALWAYS FOLD.
I feel bad for you, welcome to my Ignore list, you sorry, sorry human being

show me the HH's of the hand with 99 without editing it, becasue that was not me. If you are so good you must know how your opponents play which means that you pay attention to their play. I don't play mid and low pocket pair like that.

If I folded on the flop, how do you know I had 99? And don't say becasue I told you in the chat, becasue that would be another lie LOL, very interesting you would know the hand LOL

I am glad you think I am a beginner LOL

ok so agian the HH's will be posted shortly all 40 of them.

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 08:04 AM

never said it was wild, what I did say was that it was aggressive PFR because of the many PFR in the 40 hands before that one.

Do you have a hard time understanding the english language, or do you purposly lie and mislead?

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I have the HH's ready to go, but before I post them I will wait for permission from Rob to post as I want to make sure it is all right to do so since there are other players involved.

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 09:20 AM

yes we were heads up on the flop and there was a preflop raise(just like 31 other times in the previous 40 hands of hold'em ) sounds like a tight aggressive table to me

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 09:33 AM
" really dont feel the need to enlighten you, you started out lying in this thread about stakes and game make up. it was such a wild and crazy game, yet we were heads up that hand. you can post whatever you want. I will not reply. worry about your stupid chat that is PUTTING ALL THE PROPS IN JEOPARDY. "

did you not say this Splash in another thread? yes here you are responding agian. oh wait , another technicality lol, you meant that you would not respond in the other thread lol.

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Do you still want me to post them Splash if Rob says I can?

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 10:53 AM

don't you have the hand histories I am talking about splash? If such a bad player like myself has them ,shouldn't a good player like you have them? LMAO

Lee777
06-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Cant you guys do this thru private messages or after nap time at kindergarten.

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 11:17 AM

unfortunately we can't as splash has blocked me from PM'ing him. No worries though, I suspect if Rob does say it is ok , and I do post them , we won't be hearing from splash anymore and this will end

jwoodster
06-21-2008, 11:20 AM

once I do post the HH's, that will be the end for me responding to splash, as the HH's will speak for themselves and spalsh will be exposed for what he truly is.

The funny thing is, he asked me to post them lol

rob
06-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I didn't read this thread, but it seems useless. Thread locked.