up ok, it reads my hand histories but when I finish a session and look
I just see a jumble of figures and am completely lost :(

I am 56 so not quick at picking things up and Holdem Manager has
me lost

I had Poker Office a couple of years ago and that seemed a lot
clearer or is it just me being thick?

I think it will go back to a pen and paper cos even I can understand that
if I write clear :)

unless someone can explain how you are supposed to understand it and what it is supposed to tell you?

thanks

Colbefc :)

Barton
12-27-2009, 08:46 PM
What site are you playing? Hem doesn't work at every site.

It's also kind of a pain in the butt to set up correctly. They have very good directions though, and you have to follow them exactly.

colbefc
12-28-2009, 09:59 AM
hi Barton

I use it on William Hill and Sun mostly, I have got it set up so it
reads my hands correctly but I look all the data after a session and I
am just lost.

I just dont know what looking at all my hands is supposed to tell me?
I am just lost with it :(

looks like I wasted my $80 :(

Colbefc

Barton
12-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh, so it works, but you don't know what things like VP$P or PFR% or agg and stuff like that mean?

Someone must have written an ebook for that. I have one for poker tracker that cost20$

RobbinsDynasty
12-29-2009, 12:41 AM
The software works really well. It is far more advanced than Poker Office and it sounds to me like it's a learning curve issue.

I would look into hiring a poker coach. There are very inexpensive coaches that specialize in teaching students how to learn/review/study poker versus the type of coaches who teach "What do in X spot when Y happens."

viffer
12-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Oh, so it works, but you don't know what things like VP$P or PFR% or agg and stuff like that mean?

Someone must have written an ebook for that. I have one for poker tracker that cost20$

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12644539/Poker-Tracker-Guide

Never used HM so not sure how different it is to PT... but maybe this guide is worth a read to introduce you to some of the terms / objectives for the data.

RobbinsDynasty
12-29-2009, 10:31 AM
For the most part, HEM includes quite a bit of documentation on it's site. Something that PokerTracker was never very good at doing, thus somebody being able to sell an Ebook and actually make money. (I know I bought it.)

VPIP, PFR, AGG are very small parts of the big picture. I can give you 1000+ examples of players who have those three stats in the green, but aren't winners.

My best suggestion in all honesty is to either do a massive amount of research on 2p2 or one of the bigger strategy sites about statistics and their meanings, find a poker buddy who is on par skill wise (but knows how to use HEM), or hire a coach.

Most solid winners spent a thousands of hours getting good at this game and using the tools has shaved even more time that would have been spent years ago on trial and error. If it were as easy as using a program like HEM and suddenly it all made sense; this game would be even harder than it already is.

That being said, if you have some questions I'd be more than willing to answer them. If you are interested in coaching, you can find a nice list @ 2p2 or a nice menu @ DeucesCracked.

DiesalShip
06-20-2011, 12:29 PM
i used to have poker edge but then i got in trouble for it on ftp and then bf hit and i e-mailed them and they let me "return" it for a piece of waht i paid them for it, it was pro rated. now im thinking about holdem manager but i just startd on true for lack of other places to play and im not sure it works there. any suggestionps or help would be appreciated. thanks :)

Macismom21
06-20-2011, 01:06 PM
i used to have poker edge but then i got in trouble for it on ftp and then bf hit and i e-mailed them and they let me "return" it for a piece of waht i paid them for it, it was pro rated. now im thinking about holdem manager but i just startd on true for lack of other places to play and im not sure it works there. any suggestionps or help would be appreciated. thanks :)

There is a deal for HEM for members of RakeBackNation or there use to be. Thought I would add that. I believe you have to have a Hand Converter to use with the new True Poker software. There is a hand converter at the link below on 2p2 though:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/pokerplaner-yatahay-supported-hud-fishfinder-resize-place-1036507/

Also, here is the link to a discount for HEM for RakeBackNation users. I'm sure Rob can confirm if this is still a valid offer.

http://www.onlineproppingforum.com/threads/2677-Holdem-Manager-Pro-for-64-Small-Stakes-for-44

Anyway, thought I'd let you know about the discount in case you hadn't seen it. The HandConverter may not be required for True Poker, since I haven't played on True Poker for a few weeks. Last I played, HEM wasn't working on True Poker though.

mraggromonkey
06-20-2011, 02:26 PM
pt3 works there
pt4 coming out end of year though

rob
06-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Confirmed - HEM discount from RBN is still valid. I don't believe HEM supports True though.

DiesalShip
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
i really liked the hud on poker edge does anyone know if it works on true? i really miss having my hud stuff, makes me feel like half a player. any thoughts on which you all enjoy the most and if it works on true or not would be appreciated it. thanks

bill d dog
06-28-2011, 09:41 PM
whats the discount deal for rbn hem?
does it also apply to the small stakes version?

mraggromonkey
06-29-2011, 03:30 AM
On True, you can use a tool that is on 2+2 along with hold em manager.

rob
06-29-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.onlineproppingforum.com/threads/2677-Holdem-Manager-Pro-for-64-Small-Stakes-for-44

DiesalShip
07-07-2011, 10:53 AM
On True, you can use a tool that is on 2+2 along with hold em manager.

what is it called? where is it on 2+2?

Macismom21
07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
what is it called? where is it on 2+2?

I posted it on the first page of this thread, but here it is again ;)

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/pokerplaner-yatahay-supported-hud-fishfinder-resize-place-1036507/

Let us know how it works if you get it. There is a trial if I remember, but I've not been playing too much at True.

ch3ckraisin
04-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Poker Tracker 4 and Holdem Manager have become the industry standards in my opinion. If you look at what most pro's that use HUD's use are one of the two or both. It is unfortunate it doesn't read every skin, but I personally familiarized myself with the free HUD on Carbon before I made any investments so I knew how to utilize a HUD the best I could. The only experience with a HUD before that was Tournament Indicator and I only used the free trial.