PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Rake Challenge

rob
01-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Hopefully you all saw this in the email that went out yesterday. In 2010 we're offering bonuses to our higher volume players that show consistency. Details here: http://www.rakebacknation.com/2010-rake-challenge

Value here stacks of course, so you'll earn your rakeback/prop rate, promos that the sites run themselves (when applicable - obv not at most prop sites), races and chases, Rake Rewards, and the Rake Challenge bonus.

My hope is two-fold: that it gives you one more reason to sign up for all sites with RBN since rake across all rooms count towards this. And also that it will motivate some of you to put in a consistent effort each month. Many of you are pros and semi-pros, and I know how tough it is to put in consistent action each month. It's a tough way to make a living, and one of the toughest things to do is to stay motivated to grind day after day month after month. Hopefully a bit of financial motivation will help you do that. We built it based on 10 months instead of 12 so that you could take a few breaks for sanity purposes (or the WSOP or whatever) and not be punished.

We're cutting are margins very thin with this promo, strictly by the numbers we'll likely be taking a loss on many individuals. But I really like the long-term nature of the promotion and hope that it works out well for many of you. Some of you will just keep doing what you're doing and get a nice end of year bonus.

This is far from official, but I'm hoping to bump up the prizes a bit with some help from a few poker rooms. No specific known yet, but I'll be working on it.

Questions or thoughts on this, please do let me know.

sheepdog
01-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Is rake counted in the actual month or is it the same system as the rake races where one month ends early and the next ends late?

rob
01-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Sorry for missing this.

You're right, the Challenge #s are based on the same method on the Rake Races.

Basically if the stats are broken up into weeks and weeks into months in the Members Area, that's how the Race and the Challenge will handle them.

See the rake race pages or contact me for questions about specific sites.

Shafty12
02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Just curious as to when the rake race rewards are credited to an account. Also, is there any way of to view the results from Absolute. Just trying to find out a record of the transfer.

rob
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Just curious as to when the rake race rewards are credited to an account. Also, is there any way of to view the results from Absolute. Just trying to find out a record of the transfer.

Rake Rewards points are distributed around the 10th of each month. January's points are being awarded right now.

You can track your AP rake in the Members Area. Payments typically show up as credits instead of transfers, be sure to note that when checking the transaction history. They're not terribly consistent with the processing of payments, usually they're done by the 15th but sometimes it takes until the 20th.

Shafty12
02-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Rob,

I didn't mean the monthly points or rakeback, I was talking about the AP rake challenge. I'm always in the top ten and usually am scheduled to get around 300 per month but I can never figure out if I actually received it because of the swings I deal with.

rob
02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Rob,

I didn't mean the monthly points or rakeback, I was talking about the AP rake challenge. I'm always in the top ten and usually am scheduled to get around 300 per month but I can never figure out if I actually received it because of the swings I deal with.

Ah I understand now.

Cereus is really inconsistent with the rake race payments. Other sites tend to pay by the 10th, AP is usually after that - one month they didn't process the payments until the 30th. We're working with them to get this done more consistently.

When checking your transaction history, be sure to check both Transfers In and Credits.

Rob