PDA

View Full Version : Uigea

viffer
05-31-2010, 02:06 PM
So I believe UIGEA becomes enforcable tomorrow. Do you think think this will make any difference to the current status? Does this date have any impact on whether it can be overturned? Is it harder now to overturn than before it was enforcable? Where do you think the whole UIGEA stands at the moment?
Comments?
V

g3m
05-31-2010, 04:36 PM
im curious to see if traffic drops off and by how much. games will still be there but will probably get tougher.

MrPadawan
05-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Watch this. According to the PPA, they dont anticipate a huge difference in our ability to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rz50spAmRI

10pctbluff
06-12-2010, 04:40 AM
I have made Withdraws from FTP and everything seems ok from there. The smaller sites might have some trouble down the road tho. I think it's still too early to tell for sure

senorbum
06-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I have made Withdraws from FTP and everything seems ok from there. The smaller sites might have some trouble down the road tho. I think it's still too early to tell for sure

It was my understanding that only deposits were supposed to be screened. Even those haven't had much trouble, except for prepaid gift cards.

djnumb
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
So I believe UIGEA becomes enforcable tomorrow. Do you think think this will make any difference to the current status? Does this date have any impact on whether it can be overturned? Is it harder now to overturn than before it was enforcable? Where do you think the whole UIGEA stands at the moment?
Comments?
V

Just saw this thread. I did not think there would be any impact, and I don't feel a difference. I joined eWalletXpress this week & made a deposit from bank with no issue. I have received cashouts from 3 different sites since the 1st, and bank has asked a thing.

The traffic numbers at my sites are at their normal levels, so I see no drop off on any networks.

senorbum
06-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Just saw this thread. I did not think there would be any impact, and I don't feel a difference. I joined eWalletXpress this week & made a deposit from bank with no issue. I have received cashouts from 3 different sites since the 1st, and bank has asked a thing.

The traffic numbers at my sites are at their normal levels, so I see no drop off on any networks.

Yeah, especially since its still not illegal to play online, so there is nothign to worry about. Worst case scenario is your bank blocks a deposit.

viffer
06-12-2010, 04:27 PM
So is it difficult for a regular casual player to get money on?... will these guys start to drift back? I guess I'm all a bit confused about the impact that this is supposed to have. What with Party and Neteller pulling out of the US market, but the void quickly filled with other ewallets and a bunch of sites happy to take US (as it's not illegal to play) has there really been an impact?

Barton
06-12-2010, 11:36 PM
The only thing that would be a major pain in the ass, would be if other ewallets got scared and wouldn't process withdrawals.

viffer
06-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Right, but I thought the legislation was also to prevent US banks from dealing with poker ewallets. If it's OK for a bank to send to an ewallet and an ewallet outside of US jurisdiction can legally transact with poker sites, then what is all the fuss about? OK, you can't send directly from your US bank to stars, but open an 'e' account, fund it and then send to stars, what's the difference? I for one keep my poker role in neteller and distinct from my checking account. I suspect so do most others. If there are no problems depositing to ewallets, then UIGEA must be pretty toothless, much like the telegraphic transfer law (or what ever it was)... but PPA etal wheren't established to fight telegraphic transfer only UIGEA. Is it all just a storm in a teacup?

senorbum
06-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, the PPA wants to make it known that online poker isn't illegal. They also want people to be able to feel comfortable about who they are paying money to. A lot of individuals aren't all that comfortable funneling money around to various places, but they would be comfortable using their visa to go straight onto the site. The UIGEA presents an opportunity to say 'People are still going to play internet poker, because they enjoy it and don't feel its a crime. How about we regulate it and everyone wins?'

Barton
06-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Right, but I thought the legislation was also to prevent US banks from dealing with poker ewallets. If it's OK for a bank to send to an ewallet and an ewallet outside of US jurisdiction can legally transact with poker sites, then what is all the fuss about? OK, you can't send directly from your US bank to stars, but open an 'e' account, fund it and then send to stars, what's the difference? I for one keep my poker role in neteller and distinct from my checking account. I suspect so do most others. If there are no problems depositing to ewallets, then UIGEA must be pretty toothless, much like the telegraphic transfer law (or what ever it was)... but PPA etal wheren't established to fight telegraphic transfer only UIGEA. Is it all just a storm in a teacup?

I think technically it's a crime for your bank to send money to your ewallet. It's probably even a crime when we trade money with one another. The law is vague enough so banks and ewallets don't know what's going on. The recreational player will just say the hell with it, if it's a hassle.