PDA

View Full Version : beta testers for a new poker room

rob
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
All - we're looking for beta testers for a new poker room. It's being tested under a place-holder brand, Poker Whiteboard. You should signup because they'll pay you cash for playing for free money, and when the site goes live you'll get a higher than typical rakeback rate.

If they offer a prop deal, it will be offered to the beta testers first.

Barton - heres your cue to tell people that it doesn't cost anything to signup for rooms right when they launch, so they might as well lock in deals while they can.

Details are here: http://www.rakebacknation.com/poker-whiteboard/. Note that many of the perks are only available to RBNers, so be sure to sign up through our signup wizard and submit your names as you typically would for a new rakeback or prop room.

Macismom21
04-07-2011, 06:09 PM
So they will be on there own Network since it is Independant?

Are they already in Beta Testing right now?

If they want to succeed they will definitely need props when they go live, IMO.

djnumb
04-08-2011, 12:15 AM
I always respect someone taking a new approach in the free market, so it is good to see a site try something different. This does not look like anything I knew was being developed. Do you have any insight into people behind the site or the software that may have some industry recognition?

rob
04-08-2011, 07:37 AM
They will be the network, I don't think they'll be skinning.

Props - they're planning on it. It's early yet so don't want to promise anything, but I'd consider it likely that they hire us.

They're beta testing right now.

I can't really say re: the people behind it at this point, but will be able to later. They're respected and well known in some circles, that I can say.

Macismom21
04-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Yea, I signed up and read about it and tried to look into it as much as possible.

Supposedly they have been in the Poker Industry for a while. In management and various other roles. Not sure why the hush, hush on everything, but I'm sure they have there reasons.

I doubt I can put much volume in since it is a play money site, but I may play the nightly freerolls every so often, just to help in the Beta-Testing. I already made a lot of suggestions through their reporting tool after taking a look at the software.

Maybe something my wife would do, play the freerolls, :lol: On her own account obviously.

It really is a smart way to go about launching the site. They get all the feedback BEFORE launch, establish a small customer base, work out any bugs, promote the site, etc......

Definitely peeked my curiosity on who is behind it. Hopefully they stay on track in regards to release dates and such.

Luke
04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Can you just pop in and play the $100 freeroll? For one token this site requires 4 of the 5. Invite a friend, play a sng, win $100 play money, play 100 hands, get 5 points in community activity. Is this correct?

rob
04-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Can you just pop in and play the $100 freeroll? For one token this site requires 4 of the 5. Invite a friend, play a sng, win $100 play money, play 100 hands, get 5 points in community activity. Is this correct?

I believe thats right - it requires you reach 4 of the 5 marks. You should also get 5 tickets free for being tagged to RBN as well.

Nobody asked but wanted to mention...Regarding the referral program - if you refer someone, they'll still be eligible for RBN benefits, like preferential rakeback rate when the room opens. As long as they were referred by someone under RBN we'll be able to set them up under us with whatever rate we go live with when the room opens.

Regarding who is behind PWB - I can't really say as any details might lead to figuring out who they are, and for legitimate reasons it's best if they aren't known yet.

Whatever volume you all can do is appreciated, I (and PWB) know that not everyone is motivated by freerolls.

rob
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
ok, just got word. Everyone properly tagged (you'll receive a confirmation email when you are) will be set to go with 5 tickets to the $100 tournaments to start off. Tournaments start Monday.

grapecyclone
04-11-2011, 02:52 AM
4-11-11 @ 248 am est i cant get the sign up link to work http://www.pokerwhiteboard.com/registration/affiliate/rbnation i also go to the website and try to register
and am unable to do so there. i tried with enternet explorer and mozilla after cleaning cookies, no luck.

grapecyclone
04-11-2011, 04:04 AM
4-11-11 @ 404 am registration is now working. must have been a temporary problem.

rob
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Confirmed - they were doing some work on the site at that time.

BTW, it looks like they're letting people of all levels into the freerolls for now.

Easyway
04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Have to say they have quite innovative system to test poker software.

Their actual product to market should be something amazing considering that :D

Macismom21
04-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Yea, they definitely had a strong plan going in. This speaks volumes at their chance to succeed IMO. We all know that it is very very difficult for a new Network/Site to make it in Online Poker. From what I've seen so far(which is very limited) they have as good of a shot as I can remember.

I'm curious to learn more about them. It seems almost impossible to find any information on them on the Internet, other than the generic article that seems to be posted on a few sites.

SplashMaster
04-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I can't find anything about them online either, by the way, Is there a way to resize the tables?

DonkeyShot
04-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Rob, my email to info@pokerwhiteboard.com got bounced twice, so I can't contact them.

rob
04-12-2011, 11:45 AM
you can send it to me donkeyshot and I'll get it to them.

DonkeyShot
04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
It wasn't urgent. But maybe you can let them know that their email adress has problems or something.

Macismom21
04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
It wasn't urgent. But maybe you can let them know that their email adress has problems or something.

I think that email address isn't meant to accept email yet. Can't confirm that but its just a hunch.

rob
04-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Turns out Macismom is right - they aren't intending to receive emails.

bluffaholic
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I will sign up as soon as I get to my comp.

bluffaholic
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Set up account, registered, received email from PBW and us just waiting for the finally email with the benefits. Going to play should be fun! GL everyone =)

djnumb
04-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Has RBN talked with these guys since Black Friday, are they still planning to be US-friendly?

rob
04-23-2011, 12:30 PM
It sounds like they'll be non-US when they launch. US beta testers who accumulate funds from the freerolls will receive a check however at launch if they aren't allowed to play on the site.

djnumb
05-21-2011, 04:12 PM
What site will this be? Launch date is coming soon, so surely the real website must be up.

rob
05-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't think it's up yet. The countdown says 11 days, but I have to think that's going to be delayed.

Macismom21
05-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Are they still claiming they will be 'non-US' when they launch? A new site that is run really really well could definitely be successful right now in the US market. It would definitely be nice to see a new site in the US market. I've been a bit disapointed by some of the sites unwillingness to take advantage of this huge oppurtunity. I understand if they don't want to risk an indictment, but if they are operating scared, it would seem better to just pack up and leave the US market.

I have seen more out of some of the US sites recently in terms of advertising, so hopefully that trend will continue. I still think it would be very nice for a new room that is well run to launch in the US.

rob
05-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty sure they won't be open to the US.

Blade
05-23-2011, 05:22 AM
I'm pretty sure they won't be open to the US.

Are you serious...THIS REALLY SUX!!! I spent a lot of time and effort there.

Macismom21
05-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Yea, I was hoping they would take US residents. I think there is a HUGE oppurtunity for a new PokerSite that takes US customers. Of course, it would have to be run properly. Hopefully we will see some new rooms try to break into the market if Legislation doesn't pass.

rob
05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
I talked to them about US beta testers. If they aren't open to the US, beta testers in the US will still receive payment for their balance.

Blade
05-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I talked to them about US beta testers. If they aren't open to the US, beta testers in the US will still receive payment for their balance.

That still sux. My time and all the great ideas I gave them will be their benefit and I gain NOTHING from it. Not even a bonus added to what I've already made...which isn't much. Damn. That's really mucked up.

Barton
05-23-2011, 10:03 PM
welcome to the prop world, they use you until they don't need you then they dump you. On very rare occassions you get some loyalty but your default position should be as soon as you arent needed your gone. They don't screw you on money they owe, but thinks like "oh buy the way your fired tomorrow" are fairly common.

Blade
05-24-2011, 05:29 AM
Feels strange as hell when you put it that way, Barton. I've never been fired before but, I will be taking that default position. Thanks for the advice.

rob
05-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Best thing I can say is, write your State Representatives, it's not Poker Whiteboard's fault.

goosie7777
05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I just got sick to my stomach, thinking about all the work I put in there.

Macismom21
05-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Did you guys not see Rob had made the announcement earlier?

Hopefully, we will soon have regulation and have a lot of good options to choose from.

Barton
05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Feels strange as hell when you put it that way, Barton. I've never been fired before but, I will be taking that default position. Thanks for the advice.

Few years ago I propped at Absolute, I won the "prop of the month award", which I guess indicates I did a good job. I was trying to play 2 different sites and I violated the absolute seating rules once. They fired me on the spot and even stiffed me on my last days pay.

goosie7777
05-27-2011, 10:56 AM
I just got sick to my stomach, thinking about all the work I put in there.

No I didn't I prob haven't been on this forum since 2008.

Blade
05-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Few years ago I propped at Absolute, I won the "prop of the month award", which I guess indicates I did a good job. I was trying to play 2 different sites and I violated the absolute seating rules once. They fired me on the spot and even stiffed me on my last days pay.

Damn. That's really mucked up.

goosie7777
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
@Rob, Do you have any contact information that you can give us for PWB. The beta client, forum, everything is still up and running, but emails haven't been answered in over 3 weeks.

If you can't give it out, its understandable, but would you please try and contact these guys?

rob
06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
@Rob, Do you have any contact information that you can give us for PWB. The beta client, forum, everything is still up and running, but emails haven't been answered in over 3 weeks.

If you can't give it out, its understandable, but would you please try and contact these guys?

The best thing to do is to email me and I'll forward it on.

Rob

dolwick89
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey Rob what happened to PWB? Get anything from them?

rob
06-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Hey Rob what happened to PWB? Get anything from them?

I'm supposed to have a phone call with them this week with a more current update. But last I heard they were faced with a decision of either launching in the near future with software that is 'ok', or putting off the launch for a year and coming out strong. It's a situation we've seen over and over again, it's harder to start a poker room than typically anticipated. I'll let you know as I hear more.

goosie7777
06-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks Rob we appreciate it!

rob
06-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Quick update: I talked to PWB Monday. They won't be opening in 2011. I hadn't checked the lobby but apparently things are pretty dead on the beta site since the deadline for opening passed. They did reassure me that they would fulfill all the promises that they made. I should have more information soon.

goosie7777
06-22-2011, 01:04 AM
It was dead 2 weeks after they stopped responding to any/all support questions, problems, bugs etc.

As far as them fulfilling promises they made, I feel its a little late for the free WSOP seats right?

All in all, its disgusting how they treated the players towards the end.

Right now if they fulfill their promises so to say, I should have a check coming for 1200, but I don't see it happening. Thanks for the update though Rob.

rob
06-22-2011, 09:39 AM
It was dead 2 weeks after they stopped responding to any/all support questions, problems, bugs etc.

As far as them fulfilling promises they made, I feel its a little late for the free WSOP seats right?

All in all, its disgusting how they treated the players towards the end.

Right now if they fulfill their promises so to say, I should have a check coming for 1200, but I don't see it happening. Thanks for the update though Rob.

I addressed these concerns with them:

The WSOP seat(s) - you're right that it's late, but they assured me that the value would be matched, be it through a different avenue than the 2011 WSOP.

The funds in accounts were set to be in player balances when they opened. I made the point that if they open in June 2012, thats a bit long to ask players to wait for balances, so other arrangements should be made. I'm waiting for more word on this.

Without going into details, they had some internal personnel issues a month or so ago, which I think lines up when support tailed off.

I'm scheduled to talk with them again later this week or early next and will hopefully pick up some more concrete info. I've been reassured several times over that you all would be fairly taken care of, but as is obvious there just aren't details yet.

djnumb
07-07-2011, 10:48 AM
You must have noticed that PokerWhiteboard™ remained silent in the past few
weeks. To be exact, we were forced to block all of our communication since
May 15th, 2011.
Caused by recent events in the US online-poker market, all rooms accepting
real money in the USA suddenly got on the authorities' radar. Since winnings
on the free rolls are and will be in the future be paid in cash, this could
have very likely directed our activities in the questionable gray area
before our official launch. Since all of our registered users are under
complete anonymity, we had no way of knowing what a particular user's
intentions or motives were. We also had no way of knowing if an auditor was
part of the user group.

You must understand, that we had to avoid situations, in which our user
support and communication lines may have risked the room's legality or its
players' deposits and, or winnings. Based on the advice of our legal team,
we froze all communication until we could ensure the appropriate legal
surroundings to our users and players in the new legal environment.
At this time, we would like to assure everyone that your time and invested
effort was not in vein, and trust that we will bring you further enjoyment.
We are making the new server version available to you as early as July 20th,
which will house many of modifications requested by you. Since the new
release will solve many of the reported issues, you don't have to send us
any reports until the mentioned date regarding these existing issues.

The expanded admin staff already started to handle the reports received so
far, including the moderation of forums and community websites (Facebook,
Twitter), so after July 20th, they can receive your observations on the new
release.

All gamer levels will remain unchanged. However, in the interest of
transparency and based on popular demand - starting July 20th, you will be
able to follow your gaming partners' on the leader board, as well as your
own competitions and results. This way everyone can have a clear picture on
the number of participants in the shark tournaments, which will award the
final prize.

The countdown of the "shark tournament" will be done via the normal
countdown methods.
Based on the reasons mentioned above, we were forced to schedule the live
launch on September 15th, 2011. The free rolls will be back from August 3rd
on the "menu", where you can play for winnings every Wednesday, Friday and
Sunday.

Good luck at the tables
PokerWhiteboard™ Team

goosie7777
11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Is this site still alive? lol

djnumb
11-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Is this site still alive? lol

Barely. I'm the only one logged in ATM. They keep pushing back the launch date over and over, and it's thinned out the crowd.

goosie7777
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Yea I just logged in for a sec, and saw the money lost from the last server crash, was not back in my account yet. Also saw the launch date just says (NOVEMBER) .

goosie7777
11-17-2011, 10:43 PM
The situation @ this room has just goten really sad. I have an email address for someone in their management. If I ever had a question, my email would be answered asap. If not asap, usually within 48 hours. When I send one now, it comes back as "no known address". Pretty friggin sad imo.

rob
11-19-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm trying to figure this one out. We lost our contact there several months ago. He's someone who we I've had experience working with since about 2006 on various projects. He was booted from the company (this is at the same time you all stopped getting regular responses from bug reports) and now I'm unable to get in touch with anyone remaining. I'll be putting more effort into this when I'm back in town late next week, but I have one question for you PWBers:

Did you find that your bug reports were ever being implemented into the PWB software? I know they were responding to reports when my guy was there, but did anything ever change with the software itself?

goosie7777
11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Rob,
I would have to say it was about 50/50. I think I know the guy you were talking about. When he was there, things seemed on the up and up. Most of the game play bugs were fixed, auto post blinds, lagging, etc. Yet, lobby was still extremely slow last time I played a month ago. Also the "semi superuser" bug is fixed. For a week back in May, I could see everyone elses cards, just couldn't see my own lol.
I know they aren't responding to us, but they are still around. They delete every negative comment they receive on fb and twitter. Thanks for looking into this, there are a couple of us owed a decent amount on this site.

djnumb
11-21-2011, 12:46 PM
The Last client update was Aug 19th.

Sept 5th started answering reports saying all bugs were alread fixed in a new software they would deploy soon. My last answered report 9/30. They never resolved any of my reports asking why the website shows me as Level 9, although it clearly shows I am qualified for Level 10.

They last emailed us Oct 11th saying that they credited the $50 for passing Level 9, and encouraged us to play in the micro cash tables. They said Live Launch would be November 2nd. That launch never happened and they have been completely unreachable since.

goosie7777
11-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Yes the level issue was something that was never addressed. Rob if you don't know what DJ is saying, I put a couple pics up. They never really had an explanation as to why. When I asked about it numerous times, all they said was "It has been forwarded on to management".

rob
11-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys, will see what I can do over here.

goosie7777
11-23-2011, 08:21 PM
This is the latest from their fb page.

( Dear Players! We understand your impatience and the uncertainty regarding the room. However, we assure you that we haven't disappeared as a matter of fact we are working harder than ever to provide you all with the best quality software so that your experience with us will be error free when we launch.

We can promise you that you will not be disappointed and it will be worth while to wait the remaining time until everything falls in to place regarding our launch. We ask you for your kind patience once again! We are launching shortly and in the meantime please enjoy your game!

Best regards, Pokerwhiteboard )

I was their biggest supporter from the start. Yet tbh I do not see them launching any time soon. I would be happy now receiving half of my funds. Its now 6 months from the initial live launch. Still hoping for the best, but I'm not holding my breath.

djnumb
12-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Any responses here? I've tried a few avenues, and they are just totally MIA. The beta testers don't even bother signing into the client or website anymore. I think it's time to accept the Shark Tournament will never occur.

rob
12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
They've completely shut me out.

goosie7777
12-09-2011, 08:54 PM
This blows, what a joke.

djnumb
01-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Even their website and forum stopped working a few weeks ago. They appear to have completely disbanded.

rob
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
I heard a rumor they are trying to sell their software. Goosie - you've had some correspondence suggesting they are still going to open. Unfortunately I don't have any other info at this point.

goosie7777
01-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I haven't heard anything else since their last email to me. This is their last email on December 13th:

"Hello! I apologize for the lack of communication in the last few weeks, our
software is ready and we are working hard as hell to do the finishing
touches on a couple of legal issues. I know we have set deadlines in the
past, which we haven't be able to keep since the issues mentioned above, it
is for this reason I can only say that - going live will be shortly"

Since then I have messaged them PWB twice, but have yet to get a response.

dolwick89
03-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Any news on PWB?

rob
03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm considering them dead and unable to launch.

goosie7777
03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Yea its over.

djnumb
04-14-2012, 05:03 PM
i think the most surprising thing is that the poker client still connects.

djnumb
04-15-2012, 05:45 AM
i think the most surprising thing is that the poker client still connects.

OR...I could put a little effort in before posting. I tried the PWB website and there is an error but the picture shows you the name of the new poker site. It is Poke7.com. I downloaded the software. One look at the website and software, and its clearly PWB. It seems they are still beta testing. My login did not work, so those did not transfer.

goosie7777
04-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow really? let me check this out.

goosie7777
04-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I dont even know what language that is, can anyone help? Also tried to log in and my user name didn't transfer.

djnumb
04-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I dont even know what language that is, can anyone help? Also tried to log in and my user name didn't transfer.
You can switch the language to English at the top of the site.

rob
04-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm digging for info and will pass along anything I get.

rob
04-18-2012, 02:16 PM
There isn't much encouraging news. I talked to my contact that was driven out of the project and he says they re-branded as was the plan and put a fair amount of effort into the new website, but the software is basically the same. His expectation is that poke7 will launch and fail due to the inexperience of existing management.

Regardless I'm trying to get a conversation started with them so we can work out all the promises they made during the beta period. It sounds like there is a possibility that they now realize the importance of following through on their obligations, but just a possibility.

djnumb
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanx Rob!! They probably assumed we were stupid and wouldn't find the new site. Hopefully now that they know their caught, they'll be willing to work something out. I tried to turn up the names of the owners but didn't have any luck.

rob
04-20-2012, 10:27 AM
I have a call scheduled with them on Tuesday. I don't have high hopes but that's much further than I've gotten before.

goosie7777
04-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I have a call scheduled with them on Tuesday. I don't have high hopes but that's much further than I've gotten before.

Good stuff Rob, I need that money.

rob
04-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I spoke with them for about 45 minutes. The key takeaways:

-They say they have every intention of being fair and honoring responsibilities.
-The specific value package for beta testers will not be honored exactly, however the value of the package will be honored. This is due to logistical changes wrt how they will be handling player promotions and such. They explained this further and I shouldn't go into it, but it made reasonable sense. I told them that this is no problem if indeed the value was honored.
-They expect to launch this summer, but it is not firm enough for them to make an official statement to customers.
-They want RBN to be on board with them. We won't be on board with them unless we are satisfied with how they treat the beta testers.
-There are some ownership changes going on, and until those are resolved at their end we will not be able to sort out details re: the package for beta testers. They say this should be resolved in the next 2 weeks.

The tone of the conversation was sincere, and the lack of communication was explained. However we obviously have a sketchy history here and no firm resolution from the call so take it for what it is - moderate progress.

djnumb
04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Sounds like its on a very good track. Thank you Rob for getting in touch with them!!

goosie7777
04-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Rob can you tell us exactly what was the reason for the lack of communication? I hope this is good news, but I don't even see them opening up this Poke7 place. They already have had two different launch dates fall through for that place. They owe me a shitload of money, and a seat into a WSOP 5k event. I have a hard time believing that this company can come up with 7k.

I dunno I'm just skeptical I guess. Site goes MIA for 9 months, DJnumb tracks them down, they tell us they still have intentions of paying, and want RBN on board when it does.

Sounds to me like the kid who owes you money and you finally catch him, and he will tell you anything to make you happy.

rob
04-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Rob can you tell us exactly what was the reason for the lack of communication? I hope this is good news, but I don't even see them opening up this Poke7 place. They already have had two different launch dates fall through for that place. They owe me a shitload of money, and a seat into a WSOP 5k event. I have a hard time believing that this company can come up with 7k.

I dunno I'm just skeptical I guess. Site goes MIA for 9 months, DJnumb tracks them down, they tell us they still have intentions of paying, and want RBN on board when it does.

Sounds to me like the kid who owes you money and you finally catch him, and he will tell you anything to make you happy.

I unfortunately can't say that you're wrong. It could easily be a situation where they are telling us what we want to hear in order to buy some time. I can only say that it didn't seem like he was lying, and the level of detail provided regarding their launch plans suggested that they were intending to go live.

The reason they gave for the lack of communication was the ownership change. This could be legitimate as during ownership change they may not have known what direction things were taking, and certainly it's possible that they were worried that they wouldn't ever launch. Also it's clear that communication isn't the premier skill of this group.

What I can say for certain is that a conversation with them is a step in the right direction, but it's right to be cautious.

goosie7777
05-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Any update rob? Any further emails with them?

rob
05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
No - but I'll touch base with them.

goosie7777
05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
No - but I'll touch base with them.
Cool thanks

goosie7777
05-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Cool thanks

Also got an email back from Poke7. They said they have no idea what PWB is, and to stop contacting them about it lol.

djnumb
05-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Also got an email back from Poke7. They said they have no idea what PWB is, and to stop contacting them about it lol.

Translation = Fuck you Americans and your money

djnumb
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Poke7.com domain expires on June 10th. Now that we found them, I bet they will change domains and names again before their actual live launch.

goosie7777
05-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Translation = Fuck you Americans and your money

I think your spot on with that quote.

goosie7777
05-17-2012, 05:54 PM
This blows. I take it them aren't getting back to Rob.

rob
05-17-2012, 08:05 PM
I heard back today, they want a call late next week.

djnumb
05-17-2012, 09:44 PM
I heard back today, they want a call late next week.

Thanks Rob. Try to milk out of them the next domain they will be switching to before live launch. I'm like 75% sure it will be a third one by then.

djnumb
05-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I thought this would fun for some of you folks. I have the company name and physical address for Poke7.
Click the URL, then click on "Street View." As you can see their corporate office appears to be some raggedy, beat up townhouse.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS398US398&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1295&bih=771&q=3+Laurel+Drive,+Leadgate,+Consett,+Durham+DH8+7R G&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x487dd421d7db29bb:0xff9750c385db3358,3+Laur el+Dr,+Consett+DH8+7RG,+UK&gl=us&ei=FKu1T9SnKtD46QGDhMXtDw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

djnumb
05-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Bobbo I just noticed PokerWhiteboard deleted your message about them moving to Poke7 from their Facebook page. I posted a new one as a reminder :)

djnumb
05-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Bobbo I just noticed PokerWhiteboard deleted your message about them moving to Poke7 from their Facebook page. I posted a new one as a reminder :)

Clearly I ruffled some feathers. It's now only 10 hours later, and Pokerwhiteboard has completely deleted their entire page from Facebook.

goosie7777
05-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes I think you def did ruffle some feathers over there. While doing some digging I found something that really caught my eye.

You can see the admin on the site is Cudrap@yahoo.com. Now I know the people who were on the site a lot will remember this name.

CudRap will a shit load of money on that site. He won 4 or 5 freerolls, and crushed me numerous times. Sure he might be a great player. Sure anyone could crush me on any given day. Yet I feel its kinda messed up that I am playing the Admin of the site on numerous occasions, and he is crushing me and everyone else.

Site just blows my mind. Whether it be a good thing or not right, I am gonna send Mr cudrap an email, and see if he gets back to me.

rob
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Let us know what you hear.

goosie7777
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Of course they didn't get back to me. He/she was on yahoo chat too, and the minute I Im'ed him/her, they signed off. This happened 6 times in the past two days.

goosie7777
05-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Did you talk to them yet this week Rob?

goosie7777
05-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Also if they fail to give a resolution this time you talk to them, or if they give you the run around. It's time to out all the names of the owners, part owners, and people involved with the site. Just my two cents.

rob
05-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I did not. I'll hopefully connect with them early this week.

goosie7777
05-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I hope so too. Do you agree that if you don't hear from them, it's time to out them? I think it will at the very least pressure them to pay up. In the grand scene of things in the poker world, the money is small. Yet we do know the names of the other people who do owe us money. Only a select few know who PWB and Poke7 are.

maxima191
05-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Did pokerwhiteboard ever open up was it a low key announcement .

goosie7777
05-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Did pokerwhiteboard ever open up was it a low key announcement .

They never opened. They switched names without telling anyone.

rob
05-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I hope so too. Do you agree that if you don't hear from them, it's time to out them? I think it will at the very least pressure them to pay up. In the grand scene of things in the poker world, the money is small. Yet we do know the names of the other people who do owe us money. Only a select few know who PWB and Poke7 are.

I agree with this in spirit and in due time. If you'd like to discuss in more detail privately send me a PM.

goosie7777
05-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I agree with this in spirit and in due time. If you'd like to discuss in more detail privately send me a PM.

PM sent.

rob
06-01-2012, 11:37 AM
We're giving them a week from today.

goosie7777
06-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Still pm me back Rob, I'd like to speak about a few things.

rob
06-01-2012, 11:44 AM
To be more clear, all I've asked for them in the next week is for them to communicate directly with the beta testers and be ready to answer questions.

If anyone has screen shots of what was promised in the PWB members area, I would advise posting them.

rob
06-01-2012, 11:45 AM
goosie, I will, I'll hit your PTP PM later today. Not ignoring you, just haven't had the time to read it and give a thoughtful reply.

djnumb
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
To be more clear, all I've asked for them in the next week is for them to communicate directly with the beta testers and be ready to answer questions.

If anyone has screen shots of what was promised in the PWB members area, I would advise posting them.

Post them here, or where? You know me brother, you know I got them screenshots.

Also for any of you PWB's if you don't have your screenshots, PM me, I know how you can still get them. I just don't wanna post publicly cause last time I did they deleted their whole Facebook page.

goosie7777
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Check your PM's DJ

rob
06-04-2012, 10:32 AM
DJ - you can just collect them for now. I'm anticipating a dispute over what was promised / owed.

goosie7777
06-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Tomorrow will be a week. Lets rock.

rob
06-06-2012, 09:23 AM
I have one week as being the 8th, but regardless no word from them yet.

goosie7777
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Got cha buddy.

goosie7777
06-07-2012, 12:40 PM
One more day and it's

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1573&d=1338997093

djnumb
06-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I think the show is over and this is just another couple grand we'll each lose. Poke7.com domain was set to expire Sunday, but the website is already offline. Also everything for PokerWhiteboard.com is completely now taken offline and the domain is for sale. So unless someone can find me the new website they move to, I think this is it. Unless someone wants to show up at the UK house.

goosie7777
06-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Couple of Grand? They owe me over 7. And $1400 is directly out of my pocket.

goosie7777
06-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Ok, lets get this show on the road. Rob P'ed you on PTP feel free to hit me back at either place.

djnumb
06-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Today is the first day either the PWB or Poke7 poker client have not loaded. Sites are gone and poker servers are down.

goosie7777
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
As soon as I get the names, I will get to work.

goosie7777
06-08-2012, 02:51 PM
http://youtu.be/AyggY_R3jU8

rob
06-08-2012, 10:49 PM
It's the end of the day. I've heard nothing from them today except for a message this morning looking for time.

Heres the main guy:

Emil Tonk
emil@tonk.so
colerty on Skype

From his Skype account:

Mobile: +36303222333

Theres a sidekick named Gabor but I don't have info on him, and I'm not sure he is involved in decision making.

As your questions arise please let me know, I may be able to find answers.

djnumb
06-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Contacting you this morning is a surprise. Both the PWB and Poke7 websites and clients are now completely gone and not working. So I thought they would never be heard from again. Maybe they would actually tell you the new site, if there is one.

goosie7777
06-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Sent him a beautiful email. Gave him 48 hours to respond.

goosie7777
06-09-2012, 08:42 AM
They will be the network, I don't think they'll be skinning.

Props - they're planning on it. It's early yet so don't want to promise anything, but I'd consider it likely that they hire us.

They're beta testing right now.

I can't really say re: the people behind it at this point, but will be able to later. They're respected and well known in some circles, that I can say.

Rob you said this over a year ago. That they were well respected and well known in some circles. Yet there is only one name here Emil Tonk. According to this first post, there are many others. Others that you say are very well known. For the last 5 hours I have looked everywhere to find information on this guy and found non at all. A couple people in Hungry that sell pharma. What I want to know is who are these "well known" "respected people" from the poker industry?

These are the people we should be contacting. The people who have something to lose, if they actually are well respected.

djnumb
06-09-2012, 09:03 AM
I could not find much on this guy, and never heard of the name. I did manage to find another website he owns, although it just redirects to the down PokerWhiteboard. PokerOnTheMove.com

goosie7777
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I could not find much on this guy, and never heard of the name. I did manage to find another website he owns, although it just redirects to the down PokerWhiteboard. PokerOnTheMove.com

Yea saw that too. But I wanna know who these other people are. Hopefully rob gets back asap with that info.

goosie7777
06-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Wow look what I found! Mr Cudrap that I spoke about before, who crushed me in the cash games. His actual first name is Gabor, and you guessed it, his last name Tonk.

So not only is he the admin and probably owns a part of the site, he is this guy Emil's brother. When I say that this guy crushed me numerous times, Im saying calling all in's with queen high on the river. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

rob
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Rob you said this over a year ago. That they were well respected and well known in some circles. Yet there is only one name here Emil Tonk. According to this first post, there are many others. Others that you say are very well known. For the last 5 hours I have looked everywhere to find information on this guy and found non at all. A couple people in Hungry that sell pharma. What I want to know is who are these "well known" "respected people" from the poker industry?

These are the people we should be contacting. The people who have something to lose, if they actually are well respected.

The 2 people I'm referencing in that post are the ones that were booted from the organization by Emil. I need to respect their privacy since they are employed in the industry and were involved with this as a side project....They were expecting to make themselves public once the site was a success and they could leave their day jobs (you know this as we just skyped, but wanted to clarify for others).

You guys are finding good info, looking forward to watching this progress.

randall
06-11-2012, 07:16 PM
For the last 5 hours I have looked everywhere to find information on this guy and found non at all. A couple people in Hungry that sell pharma.
im pretty sure that emil tonk is not the guy ur lookin for.
btw tonk is not that rare name in hungary:(

goosie7777
06-11-2012, 07:29 PM
im pretty sure that emil tonk is not the guy ur lookin for.
btw tonk is not that rare name in hungary:(

We know that is not the guy.

goosie7777
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?1395-Emil-Tonk-and-Gabor-Tonk-of-Budapest-Hungary-are-thieving-scumbags

Barton
06-13-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm sure you realize your chances of getting any funds back is zero. If I were you I would devote my efforts toward vengence. Have you contacted any Hungarian legal authorities yet? How about smearing them somehow in their local (non internet) media. I fully support and love to see scumbags like this get hurt in any way possible. Make sure you are careful and don't risk any legal problems of your own.

goosie7777
06-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Barton to be completely honest, I would say right now that it is 50/50. I have tracked down a lot of people and got players money back just for fun. Although Emil wasn't the easiest to trackdown, he certainly wasn't the hardest.

I feel that a step in the right direction was shown. After almost 10 months of no communication, they come out and make a statement after I made a thread on PFA. And when I say step in the right direction, I mean PWB realize that they can't hide, and were not playing around anymore.

Barton
06-14-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope you're right. If you succeed you could quit poker, you're skills are in "collections":D

goosie7777
06-14-2012, 10:28 PM
you know anybody, feel free to hit me up :D

richbrown360
12-30-2012, 02:08 PM
sick i just read from start to finish. What a maissve waste, so much scum out there.

did you get any money back? i doubt it if none have posted here.

rob
01-02-2013, 11:22 AM
No update on this, these guys have basically disappeared. They haven't relaunched either afaik.

Goosie hasn't been around, he had some decent leads but nothing materialized.