PDA

View Full Version : Need to know if anyone else would make this call...

sickkaluffa
03-31-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm in a $1/$2 game on Full Flush. There was 5 limping in, and I'm on the button with AQ suited hearts. I raise to $35. BB calls the raise, everyone else folds. Flop is 8-7-3, 2 hearts. BB first to act over bets the pot by betting $100. I'm left with $120 if I call the bet only, I decided to push the $220, he snap calls. He has a set of 7s, I turn my flush and the board never pairs. He then calls me a donk for even pushing like that. Me not really caring, I asked what he would do then. Apparently he would of folded. I laughed to myself. I never put him on a set, but still, I had 2 overs and the nut flush draw. So I would like to know what anyone else would do in this situation. Did I make the bad move? Or is it just another person getting a bad beat, so he'll call anyone a donk who draws out on him. That guy says he would of folded, but I don't buy it.

Adam
04-01-2015, 12:10 AM
I would have done the same thing you did. You never know if the player was on tilt from other tables, has been playing too long, misclicked, or even trying a bluff with a hand worse then yours like AJ or he could have had a 54 or 10 9 type of hand which you would have been ahead of. Standard play and he is just mad that he lost but life goes on!

sickkaluffa
04-01-2015, 01:28 AM
Lol thanks for the reply. I really thought I made a good play. There's been times when I called on a draw and the odds weren't there, but that's when I was still learning poker.

Barton
04-01-2015, 08:02 AM
I limpers in a 1/2 game? I must be playing in the wrong place :)