PDA

View Full Version : I need help in learning the gem of 2-7 NL triple draw

cainer
01-14-2008, 04:55 PM
This game is available on poker stars and i found myself playing in it this afternoon. I first thought that ace was low, and luckily by the time i figured it out(that an ace is high only in this game), that it didnt cost me any money. I also didnt know striaghts (2-3-4-5-6) is a losing hand also. Again, i got lucky learning that this senerio didnt cost me much money.

I seem to do ok today playing $0.25-$0.50 no limit in this game. Just was wondering if anyone can give me some good advice.

It seems like a game u can defiently do a lot of bluffing at and also a game u can semi bluff at, especially in position. I had one hand where i was drawing to the nuts, i got a rag first draw and my apponenet kept betting a pot size bet and then drawing a card. ON my second draw, i had $30 left behind and he had about the same. he kept pushing me everytime in position (even if he had to draw)i made a measly ten high with one draw left to go. Since he took a card the hand prior, i checked and he bet $10. I decided to take a stand and raise him antoher $20 and he called. I stood and he drew one more card and ten high won. Lucky i guess. Was i to agressive on this hand? The odds were in my favour that he didnt make a hand and maybe i could get him to lay down to a drawing 8 hand. He says he tossed a nine low to try to improve but, i think he is full of shit lol

So, what do u guys recommend as a starting hand here? 4 to a low and always come in with a raise(especailly in position?) I find myself limping with hands like 2-4-7,,, 2-3-7..or 2-5-7 or 2-3-8 or2-5-7 or2-5-8. Any three card hand that is 8-6-? (that doesnt or cant make a straight i been calling them) is that a good strategy for this game?

thanks for any advice on this game, ill need it, however, i did win $20 playing but, i had two pots were i had over $40 invested in them with the second nut or thrid nut hand made before the final drawing of cards and they sucked out two times on me to river the nuts on me. Sucks to get rivered, even in this game lol

Barton
01-14-2008, 05:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cainer120 @ Jan 14 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=8456)</div>
This game is available on poker stars and i found myself playing in it this afternoon. I first thought that ace was low, and luckily by the time i figured it out(that an ace is high only in this game), that it didnt cost me any money. I also didnt know striaghts (2-3-4-5-6) is a losing hand also. Again, i got lucky learning that this senerio didnt cost me much money.

I seem to do ok today playing $0.25-$0.50 no limit in this game. Just was wondering if anyone can give me some good advice.

It seems like a game u can defiently do a lot of bluffing at and also a game u can semi bluff at, especially in position. I had one hand where i was drawing to the nuts, i got a rag first draw and my apponenet kept betting a pot size bet and then drawing a card. ON my second draw, i had $30 left behind and he had about the same. he kept pushing me everytime in position (even if he had to draw)i made a measly ten high with one draw left to go. Since he took a card the hand prior, i checked and he bet $10. I decided to take a stand and raise him antoher $20 and he called. I stood and he drew one more card and ten high won. Lucky i guess. Was i to agressive on this hand? The odds were in my favour that he didnt make a hand and maybe i could get him to lay down to a drawing 8 hand. He says he tossed a nine low to try to improve but, i think he is full of shit lol

So, what do u guys recommend as a starting hand here? 4 to a low and always come in with a raise(especailly in position?) I find myself limping with hands like 2-4-7,,, 2-3-7..or 2-5-7 or 2-3-8 or2-5-7 or2-5-8. Any three card hand that is 8-6-? (that doesnt or cant make a straight i been calling them) is that a good strategy for this game?

thanks for any advice on this game, ill need it, however, i did win $20 playing but, i had two pots were i had over $40 invested in them with the second nut or thrid nut hand made before the final drawing of cards and they sucked out two times on me to river the nuts on me. Sucks to get rivered, even in this game lol[/b]

The only thing I can tell ya is that people who know how to play it will rip you to pieces
course they prolly won&#39;t be in the .25/.50 game :laughing-smiley-014: . It&#39;s a tough game and the good players have a huge edge.

cainer
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Barton @ Jan 14 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=8457)</div>
The only thing I can tell ya is that people who know how to play it will rip you to pieces
course they prolly won&#39;t be in the .25/.50 game :laughing-smiley-014: . It&#39;s a tough game and the good players have a huge edge.[/b]
ive played many low only games. Omaha hi low and we used to play a game similar to this at our club but ace-2-3-4-5 was the nuts, u also could play high. Then u held coins to determine which way u were going. Cant remember the name of the game but, i personally think i am up to the challenge. Holdem is just to boring and ive basically lost complete interest in it.

I was just wondering if i got the jist of this game on what is considered a starter or not a starter or when to raise and when to limp.

bcblack182
01-15-2008, 02:11 AM
SSII has a good section on it. As far as starting hands, start with the low end of a low. IE hands like 23xxx are much stronger than hands 345xx, and it isn&#39;t close. I found it to be a very interesting game when I played it, but I had a bad RB deal so didn&#39;t continue. Oh and straights are bad, as you know. So don&#39;t play hands that makes lots of straights.

riverrunner
01-15-2008, 10:26 AM
A link from the "Other Poker" section of 2+2

http://www.lowballgurus.com/articles/27beginnersguide.html

I can&#39;t vouch for it, since I can&#39;t embrace the joy of variance that 2-7TD is.