PDA

View Full Version : poker tracking software

Harnish
08-18-2006, 02:23 PM
just wondering if anyone uses a poker tracker software (like poker tracker) and if you find it useful. also, if anyone knows of any free versions (poker tracker has a 1000 hand trial version, but i would use that pretty quickly) that would be great.

MEG
08-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Pokertracker is great. So is PAHud. I use them both extensively & they have paid for themselves many times over.

Frankly while I don't mean to come across the wrong way, everyone who plays poker seriously should use all of the tools available.

The above software, books & the various forums & websites.

NOBODY is as good a player as they can be.

Harnish
08-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Pokertracker is great. So is PAHud. I use them both extensively & they have paid for themselves many times over.

Frankly while I don't mean to come across the wrong way, everyone who plays poker seriously should use all of the tools available.

The above software, books & the various forums & websites.

NOBODY is as good a player as they can be.
[/b]

thanks for the reply meg. i'm playing at gamesgrid, and i was on both poker tracker and pahud's website, and gg isn't listed as a supported site. would that software work anyway?

HartFlush
08-18-2006, 11:31 PM
thanks for the reply meg. i'm playing at gamesgrid, and i was on both poker tracker and pahud's website, and gg isn't listed as a supported site. would that software work anyway?
[/b]

No Games Grid is not a supported site for poker tracker. If it was there would be a lot more people playing there.

MajorCP
08-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Pokertracker is a great program and well worth the $55 cost. Before you get it you should make sure that the site(s) you play on are PT-compatible, that way you avoid disappointment.

bakerj2001
12-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Pokertracker is a great program and well worth the $55 cost. Before you get it you should make sure that the site(s) you play on are PT-compatible, that way you avoid disappointment.
[/b]

Pokertracker is great. However a lot of people simply buy it and believe that it will somehow majically improve their game. After you buy pokertracker and download your hand histories you may want to get acquainted with the program before moving further so that you understand its capabilities. It is capable of providing you with statistics. But remember that it is your duty to use the statistics to your advantage.

mewalrus
02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
i like playing at nonPT compatible sites much better, just me and my notes vs you and your notes. Otherwise you need to have the hud, datamine ect ect to keep the playing field level. I agree its great for working on your game but i prefer things simpler.

EricBlade
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't play much at absolute or full tilt anymore, which were the sites that I played that were PT compatible.. so I don't really use PT anymore.

One of the downsides of PT, is that you gather just a veritable metric arseload of information, but there's very little explanation on what exactly you should be doing to make use of that information. I had found a thread on 2+2 a while back explaining a lot of things to analyze, but I think the thread got moved because my bookmark to it went dead, and I couldn't locate it anymore (search 2+2 for any common phrase like PokerTracker, and you'll be reading the index list for about a week..)

I know someone has written a converter for PT2 to use with Cake, and I have like a year's worth of cake hand history.. I've also heard the PT3 is a lot more customizable, and people may be able to add in additional sites, perhaps it's possible to hack Cake and P4E support directly into it these days? I haven't even looked at PT3, since PT2 is kinda useless to me .. :|

Barton
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I pretty much just looked for leaks in my own game with PT