Thread: Need to vent

Default Need to vent

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH... how do they f***ing do it... I just can't believe the shit that they play, 3 bet and cap and seem to always hit. It's been insane today. 150bb drop in maybe 3 hours of play. Runner runnered non stop with maniacs 3 betting turns with gutshots. I hate this game sometimes. I've just joined the "throw your mouse at the wall" club. I've never done that before.

Bollocks, need a new mouse now too.
    Fuck

No more play until I calm down
    If you don't make mistakes, you're doing it wrong.
    If you don't correct those mistakes, you're doing it really wrong.
    If you can't accept you're mistaken, then your not doing it at all.

Thats a new one for me. Ive never thrown the mouse but i have rammed my palm of my hand down on it. $50 pissed off thingy to replace. Two glasses thrown into the sink(cupboards two glasses missing now) Lighter thrown and a hole in the wall created(2 hour repair job created by my anger)

But the worst one is my fist threw the wall. That took 4 hours to patch up.

And taking a break from poker doesnt help unless u win on a regular basis when u return. U never forget why u took the break from poker in the first place and once the same shit continues, the anger/frustration returns.

You've just gotta embrace the variance. It is the essence of limit holdem. When I play a lot of tables it is quite routine to be +/- 50bb or more on each table after a few hours. Accept it as something that is SUPPOSED to happen and you can deal with it better. And anger never helps. Take the day off or as long as you need to until you get rid of that. Stox has some really interesting stuff by Jared Tendler on how when you enter into that emotional state your reasoning literally turns off and it is impossible for you to use certain parts of your brain. Thats is a bad way to be gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by bcblack182 View Post
    Accept it as something that is SUPPOSED to happen and you can deal with it better.
    Yeah, I think the holistic view helps put it in perspective. And perhaps I should look at it that my current win rate is actually NOT supposed to happen so the downswing is inevitable.

I used to consider myself aggressive until I met some of the guys on WSEX. Some of these guys are just nuts. That's making the variance bigger. I think it's a gold mine when your hitting but I need to work on my defensive game. They cost me too much when I'm not strong. There is a balance between making a stand with a marginal hands and getting run over by maniacs. Maybe I'll post some hands.
    If you don't make mistakes, you're doing it wrong.
    If you don't correct those mistakes, you're doing it really wrong.
    If you can't accept you're mistaken, then your not doing it at all.

If you aren't a member of stox you should join just to watch the psychological stuff, it was a HUGE help for me personally and the things you describe are all things I used to really struggle with.

And yeah post some hands, will be fun.

how is post from 4/28/2009 defined as new?

Oh and apparently I'm entering one of my spelling episodes like last december. I still have no idea what it was, I even went to a cardiologist to se if i had a stroke. Then it just stpped after about 3 weeks. Wnder if it was that boxmy friendset from Humbolt county. naw couldn't be.
    Last edited by Barton; 06-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.