Thread: play against really lucky opponent

Default play against really lucky opponent

I have had this happen to me several times, and it just happened again.
    I am playing pretty good poker, then someone sits down at the table and just start running me over like a truck.
    I fold all the hands that I have nothing, or miss the flop.
    and then when I hit or have a big hand I am all in and get drawn out on.

I realize this is part of the game, but when one person does it to you over, and over, and over, at what point should I quit?

or would you just keep playing even if you lost 15 buyins in a half hour?

the last two hands we are all in pre-flop. I have AK suited, he has Q9 offsuit, he catches runner runner for the straight,
    then I get AA he has 5 9 and makes a set of 9's.

most all the time I am a big favorite, but by the river I am beat everytime.

today I only gave him 8 buy-ins before I quit, but part of me says the odds have to kick at some point and I have to win sometime, so keep playing as long as I have money?
    Last edited by dead money888; 10-30-2009 at 03:34 PM.

did u rly lose 15 buy ins in 30 min

May I ask which site?
    There is a guy named "FEARKILLS" he plays almost anything and only plays HU, the swings are huge and if you like going wild you should definately play him , but 15 buy ins seem a little bit exaggerated.

My GF lost 409$ in 156 hands of 2/4 FL. That's 102 big Blinds. I thought that was impossible until she did it

Keep playing unless your tilting. Superior play will hold up but as soon as you start playing badly and making calls you shouldn't, it's time to quit.
    If you don't make mistakes, you're doing it wrong.
    If you don't correct those mistakes, you're doing it really wrong.
    If you can't accept you're mistaken, then your not doing it at all.

yes, 15 is really my record, and it actually took less than 30 minutes.
    I was buying in short stacked, (because I was losing so much)
    so that made it easy for the guy to start out putting me all in.

After the first several I would normally have left the table, but then I just kept telling myself "he can't win forever", so I kept playing.

and after the guy won the first 4 or 5 times it was obvious he was just going to put me all in with any 2 cards as long as he was winning.

so I would just play king ten or better, or any pocket pair and go all in, then I just started hitting really big hole cards, and they never held up, maybe 3 or 4 times he had a better starting hand than I did, the rest of the time he just had any 2 cards.

This has happened to me on 3 different sites, so I can't think it's any kind of conspiracy. The other day when it happened again it was on Microgamming and I left the table after 8 times, because I didn't want to lose my whole bankroll.

I was just wondering if this happens to everyone?
    or if other players have some kind of stop loss rule, like if they lose more than 25% of their bankroll then they get off the table?

FWIW, I've dropped 300BBs playing s/h limit against a terrible and lucky opponent. I regret sticking around that long that particular session since I got whooped, but would absolutely do it again if I had the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    FWIW, I've dropped 300BBs playing s/h limit against a terrible and lucky opponent. I regret sticking around that long that particular session since I got whooped, but would absolutely do it again if I had the opportunity.
    Sorry I had to truck you silly like that.
    Play better next time.
    Fish.