Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uigea

Default Uigea

So I believe UIGEA becomes enforcable tomorrow. Do you think think this will make any difference to the current status? Does this date have any impact on whether it can be overturned? Is it harder now to overturn than before it was enforcable? Where do you think the whole UIGEA stands at the moment?
    Comments?
    V
    If you don't make mistakes, you're doing it wrong.
    If you don't correct those mistakes, you're doing it really wrong.
    If you can't accept you're mistaken, then your not doing it at all.

im curious to see if traffic drops off and by how much. games will still be there but will probably get tougher.

Watch this. According to the PPA, they dont anticipate a huge difference in our ability to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rz50spAmRI

I have made Withdraws from FTP and everything seems ok from there. The smaller sites might have some trouble down the road tho. I think it's still too early to tell for sure

Quote Originally Posted by 10pctbluff View Post
    I have made Withdraws from FTP and everything seems ok from there. The smaller sites might have some trouble down the road tho. I think it's still too early to tell for sure
    It was my understanding that only deposits were supposed to be screened. Even those haven't had much trouble, except for prepaid gift cards.

Quote Originally Posted by viffer View Post
    So I believe UIGEA becomes enforcable tomorrow. Do you think think this will make any difference to the current status? Does this date have any impact on whether it can be overturned? Is it harder now to overturn than before it was enforcable? Where do you think the whole UIGEA stands at the moment?
    Comments?
    V
    Just saw this thread. I did not think there would be any impact, and I don't feel a difference. I joined eWalletXpress this week & made a deposit from bank with no issue. I have received cashouts from 3 different sites since the 1st, and bank has asked a thing.

The traffic numbers at my sites are at their normal levels, so I see no drop off on any networks.

Quote Originally Posted by djnumb View Post
    Just saw this thread. I did not think there would be any impact, and I don't feel a difference. I joined eWalletXpress this week & made a deposit from bank with no issue. I have received cashouts from 3 different sites since the 1st, and bank has asked a thing.

The traffic numbers at my sites are at their normal levels, so I see no drop off on any networks.
    Yeah, especially since its still not illegal to play online, so there is nothign to worry about. Worst case scenario is your bank blocks a deposit.

So is it difficult for a regular casual player to get money on?... will these guys start to drift back? I guess I'm all a bit confused about the impact that this is supposed to have. What with Party and Neteller pulling out of the US market, but the void quickly filled with other ewallets and a bunch of sites happy to take US (as it's not illegal to play) has there really been an impact?

The only thing that would be a major pain in the ass, would be if other ewallets got scared and wouldn't process withdrawals.

Right, but I thought the legislation was also to prevent US banks from dealing with poker ewallets. If it's OK for a bank to send to an ewallet and an ewallet outside of US jurisdiction can legally transact with poker sites, then what is all the fuss about? OK, you can't send directly from your US bank to stars, but open an 'e' account, fund it and then send to stars, what's the difference? I for one keep my poker role in neteller and distinct from my checking account. I suspect so do most others. If there are no problems depositing to ewallets, then UIGEA must be pretty toothless, much like the telegraphic transfer law (or what ever it was)... but PPA etal wheren't established to fight telegraphic transfer only UIGEA. Is it all just a storm in a teacup?