Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: beta testers for a new poker room

Default beta testers for a new poker room

All - we're looking for beta testers for a new poker room. It's being tested under a place-holder brand, Poker Whiteboard. You should signup because they'll pay you cash for playing for free money, and when the site goes live you'll get a higher than typical rakeback rate.

If they offer a prop deal, it will be offered to the beta testers first.

Barton - heres your cue to tell people that it doesn't cost anything to signup for rooms right when they launch, so they might as well lock in deals while they can.

Details are here: http://www.rakebacknation.com/poker-whiteboard/. Note that many of the perks are only available to RBNers, so be sure to sign up through our signup wizard and submit your names as you typically would for a new rakeback or prop room.

So they will be on there own Network since it is Independant?

Are they already in Beta Testing right now?

If they want to succeed they will definitely need props when they go live, IMO.

I always respect someone taking a new approach in the free market, so it is good to see a site try something different. This does not look like anything I knew was being developed. Do you have any insight into people behind the site or the software that may have some industry recognition?

They will be the network, I don't think they'll be skinning.

Props - they're planning on it. It's early yet so don't want to promise anything, but I'd consider it likely that they hire us.

They're beta testing right now.

I can't really say re: the people behind it at this point, but will be able to later. They're respected and well known in some circles, that I can say.

Yea, I signed up and read about it and tried to look into it as much as possible.

Supposedly they have been in the Poker Industry for a while. In management and various other roles. Not sure why the hush, hush on everything, but I'm sure they have there reasons.

I doubt I can put much volume in since it is a play money site, but I may play the nightly freerolls every so often, just to help in the Beta-Testing. I already made a lot of suggestions through their reporting tool after taking a look at the software.

Maybe something my wife would do, play the freerolls, On her own account obviously.

It really is a smart way to go about launching the site. They get all the feedback BEFORE launch, establish a small customer base, work out any bugs, promote the site, etc......

Definitely peeked my curiosity on who is behind it. Hopefully they stay on track in regards to release dates and such.
    Last edited by Macismom21; 04-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Can you just pop in and play the $100 freeroll? For one token this site requires 4 of the 5. Invite a friend, play a sng, win $100 play money, play 100 hands, get 5 points in community activity. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Can you just pop in and play the $100 freeroll? For one token this site requires 4 of the 5. Invite a friend, play a sng, win $100 play money, play 100 hands, get 5 points in community activity. Is this correct?
    I believe thats right - it requires you reach 4 of the 5 marks. You should also get 5 tickets free for being tagged to RBN as well.

Nobody asked but wanted to mention...Regarding the referral program - if you refer someone, they'll still be eligible for RBN benefits, like preferential rakeback rate when the room opens. As long as they were referred by someone under RBN we'll be able to set them up under us with whatever rate we go live with when the room opens.

Regarding who is behind PWB - I can't really say as any details might lead to figuring out who they are, and for legitimate reasons it's best if they aren't known yet.

Whatever volume you all can do is appreciated, I (and PW know that not everyone is motivated by freerolls.

ok, just got word. Everyone properly tagged (you'll receive a confirmation email when you are) will be set to go with 5 tickets to the $100 tournaments to start off. Tournaments start Monday.

4-11-11 @ 248 am est i cant get the sign up link to work http://www.pokerwhiteboard.com/regis...liate/rbnation i also go to the website and try to register
    and am unable to do so there. i tried with enternet explorer and mozilla after cleaning cookies, no luck.

4-11-11 @ 404 am registration is now working. must have been a temporary problem.